UpdatedMonday April 12, 2021 byMike Ruskin.
New Paltz Baseball and Softball Association
Safely Guidelines during COVID-19
- Any player or spectator exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 must stay home.
- Players are not permitted to share personally owned equipment, including helmets, batting gloves, etc.
- League provided bats and helmets will be routinely sanitized throughout the game.
- Dugout rules will be as follows:
- All players and coaches must wear a mask while in the dugout.
- Player provided helmets must remain in player provided bags when not in use.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided in the dug outs. Players are strongly encouraged to use league provided hand sanitizer at the turn of each inning.
- Spectators attending games will be asked to observe social distancing and must wear masks if unable to do so. Spectators are not permitted to be within social distance of the dugout.
- There will be no “Good Game High Fives” at the end of the game. Instead, players will tip their hats to opponents from the first and third base lines.
- There will not be home plate umpires. The umpire will call the game from behind the mound.
- Each team will use its own baseballs per game.
- In the event of a Covid positive participant, all State and/or County quarantine and contact tracing guidelines will be followed.
NOTE that, in addition to the above, NPSBA will comply with any guidelines set forth by state and local governments.